The Battle for the Last Days Temple
Middle East expert Randall Price provides fascinating answers based on archaeological evidence, historical records, and exclusive interviews with those at the forefront of the Temple movement. Along the way, he shows how today's headlines about the Temple Mount line up with what the Bible says about the future.
Why is the Temple Mount the most volatile property on earth?
One of the biggest battles raging in the Middle East involves the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. Many Jews long to rebuild the Temple destroyed in the Roman conquest of A.D. 70. But the site is now dominated by the Muslim Dome of the Rock, and Palestinians claim the Jews have no previous history at the site. This centuries-long conflict raises some difficult questions:
- Who does the Temple Mount belong to?
- Why can't the Temple Mount be shared?
- What started this whole conflict?
- Does the Bible really predict a new Temple will be built someday?
- How does all this affect us today?
J. Randall Price (Th.M. Old Testament and Semitic Languages, and Ph.D. Middle Eastern Studies) has lived in Jerusalem and done graduate studies at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. He is president of World of the Bible Ministries and directs archaeological excavations at the site of Qumran, Israel. He is the author of Unholy War, Fast Facts on the Middle East Conflict, and The Coming Last Days Temple.
Table of Contents:
- The Precepts of Prophecy
- Temple 101
- The Purpose of the Temple
- Ancient Battles for the Temple Mount
- Modern Battles for the Temple Mount
- Muslims on the Mount
- Islamic Revisionist History and the Temple Mount
- How Israel Lost the Temple Mount
- Welcome to the Al-Aqsa Mosque!
- The Battle of the Bulge
- The Battle to Rebuild
- Setting the Stage for the Last Days' Temple
- The Future Battles for the Temple
- Are You Ready for the Future?
- What Should We Do?