If you look around in your church today, two-thirds of the young people who are sitting among us have already left in their hearts; soon they will be gone for good.
This is the alarming conclusion from a study Answers in Genesis commissioned from America's Research Group, led by respected researcher Britt Beemer. The results may unnerve you - they may shake long-held assumptions to the core-but these results need to be taken seriously by the church. Already Gone reveals:
- Why America's churches have lost an entire generation of believers.
- The views of 1,000 twenty-somethings, solidly raised in the church but no longer attending-and their reasons why.
- Relevant statistical data effectively teamed with powerful apologetics.
The study found that we are losing our kids in elementary, middle school, and high school rather than college, and the Sunday school syndrome is contributing to the epidemic, rather than helping alleviate it. This is an alarming wake-up call for the church, showing how our programs and our children are paying the price.
Though the statistics reveal a huge disconnect taking place between our children and their church experience, Already Gone shows how to fight back for our families, our churches, and our world. We can make a difference today that will affect the statistics of tomorrow in a positive and Christ-focused way!
Table of Contents
- Already Gone
- Sunday School Syndrome
- Not What You'd Expect
- The Short Road to Irrelevance
- The Ready Defense
- The Real Deal
- Welcome to the Revolution
- The Survey
- The 15 Questions of Life
- Resources for Upholding the Word
- Resources for Parents
- Resources for Christian Educators
- Resources for Youth Pastors
- Resources for Pastors