Life in the Spirit
One of the twentieth century's most beloved devotional writers, A. W. Tozer extends a personal invitation to meet and know the Holy Spirit in this single volume that combines the two classic titles How to Be Filled with the Holy Spirit and The Counselor. Author of The Knowledge of the Holy, Tozer's writings always reveal the true character of God and challenge readers to encounter Him in all His power and glory.
"The Holy Spirit is a person, He is not enthusiasm. He is not courage. He is not energy. He is not the personification of all good qualities, like Jack Frost is the personification of cold weather. Actually, the Holy Spirit is not the personification of anything. He is a Person, the same way you are a person, but not material substance. He has individuality. He is one being and not another. He has will and intelligence He has hearing. He has knowledge and sympathy and ability to love and see and think. He can hear, speak, desire, grieve and rejoice. He is a Person." —A. W. Tozer, The Counselor
Table of Contents:
How to Be Filled with the Holy Spirit
- Who Is the Holy Spirit?
- The Promise of the Father
- How to Be Filled with the Holy Spirit
- How to Cultivate the Spirit's Companionship
- Whenever Jesus Christ Is Glorified, the Holy Spirit Comes
- The Holy Spirit Is Not Known through the Intellect
- The Presence and Ministry of the Holy Spirit: All that Jesus Would Be
- Pentecost: Perpetuation, Not Repetition
- The Promised Filling of the Holy Spirit: Instantly, Not Gradually
- Do You Have All God Wants for You
- Spiritual Gifts: The Ability to Do
- Cultivating the Fellowship of the Holy Spirit
- The Holy Spirit Makes the Difference!
- The Heavenly Dove: Repelled by Corruption