Debating Calvinism - Five Points, Two Views
Calvinism has been a topic of intense discussion for centuries. In this lively debate, two passionate thinkers take opposite sides, providing valuable responses to the most frequently asked questions about Calvinism. Only you can decide where you stand on questions that determine how you think about your salvation.
Is God free to love anyone He wants? Do you have any choice in your own salvation?
"This book deserves to be read carefully by anyone interested in the true nature of God." —Tim LaHaye, bestselling author of the Left Behind series
"In this debate, you will find a much better understanding of what each side is teaching." —Chuck Smith, Pastor, Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa
Dave Hunt was an internationally known author and lecturer whose best selling books have been translated into more than forty languages. He passed away in 2013.
James White, director of Alpha and Omega Ministries, is the author of Letters to a Mormon Elder and The King James Only Controversy. He holds advanced degrees from Fuller Theological Seminary and Columbia Evangelical Seminary.
Table of Contents:
- Calvinism Affirmed
- Calvinism Denied
- God's Eternal Decree
- Man's Inability
- Unconditional Election
- Jesus Teaches the Doctrines of Grace
- The Golden Chain of Redemption
- Particular Redemption: True Atonement, True Substitution
- Irresistible Grace: God Saves Without Fail
- Calvin and Augustine: Two Jonahs Who Sink the Ship
- The Central Issue: God's Love and Character
- Regeneration before Faith and Salvation?
- Turning the Bible into a Charade
- God's Sovereignty and Man's Will
- Salvation Offered to All
- Biblical Assurance of Salvation